Join us on this unique tour of the Douro Valley created exclusively for you and your group. Visit 3 wineries with wine tastings.
Private - Douro Valley Wine Tour with 2 Wineries and Optional River Cruise
- Private Small groups for up to 8 people
- No other people on the tour except for your group
- Private tours for bigger than 8 people available by request
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (city of Porto)
- Professional tour guide
- Transport in air-conditioned minivan
- Visit two wineries (guided tours by local wine producers and wine tasting sessions)
- Typical Portuguese lunch at local restaurant
- (Vegetarian and Gluten Free option available by previous request)
- Best Douro Valley lookout points
- Optional: 1 hour River cruise in a Typical Rabelo boat (10€ extra per ticket)
- Bottled Water
- Facial Mask and Alcohol based disinfectant
Private tours require a minimum of 3 participants to book – if you wish to book for less than 3 people, contact us.
- Adult 10+ years old
- Children From 5 to 9 years old
- Infant From 0 to 4 years old
Private Tour – Douro Valley: 2 Wineries, Lunch and Optional River Cruise
Escape the city and see a side of northern Portugal that most first-time visitors miss out on during a Douro Valley visit: the same itinerary as our absolute best selling tour but now as a fully private and dedicated tour for you and your group alone!
You will be picked up from your hotel or accomodation in the city ofPorto early in the day, at 8:30 AM. Your guide will introduce themselves, and you will be explained about the daily program. The journey starts towards Douro as you will learn more of the region on the way.
As part of the itinerary we will be visiting two small local wineries, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon, before coming back to Porto. At both wineries you will be in company of an expert local guide who will tell you more about the wine making process as you taste their selected wines.
By lunch time we stop in the village of Pinhão, an historical village in the heart of Douro, where lunch takes place at a traditional local restaurant of typical Portuguese food, including a meal of fish, meat or vegetarian (we can also accommodate your meal if you have a gluten free diet – just let us know in advance).
Right after lunch it’s time for the 1h river cruise from Pinhão, should you decide to take this option! It takes place on a replica of a Rabelo Boat, an historical boat that transported the wine barrels from Douro to Porto, to be aged and exported all over the world.
We also make small stops for taking pictures and admire the surroundings and nature at local viewpoints and other points of interest during the day.
Be back to your accommodation Porto close to 6:00 PM, certain of having had a memorable experience full of knowledge about the wine, the landscape and the local culture of this beautiful and unforgettable destination.
Book your tour to the Douro Valley with us today!
Weather Note: All of our activities happen in covered and protected spaces, which allow for an amazing experience both during the colder and rainier winter days as during hot and extremely sunny summer days – we guarantee a safe and comfortable tour despite any weather conditions.